Child of God Bed Ministry
This new Ministry Team is meeting practical needs. CPS caseworkers are placing these beds into family situations in order to keep the family together. One of the crucial steps in the process is to provide a bed for each child.
We have people who make and deliver beds, get bedding, secure grants, and more.
To be part of this wonderful ministry, contact Tim Son.
Take a look at our new page for the Woodland Bed Ministry.
CAM Ministry Team
We have a group that meets regularly to make sack lunches for people experiencing homelessness. You can help! These sack lunches are dropped off at CAM (Christian Assistance Ministry), and they distribute them.
They will accept donations twice a month but will only pack 400 bags once a month and deliver 200 bags twice a month to CAM (this is their request). Please bring donations to the Atrium on the parking lot side on the dates below, 8:45 am – 9:45 am every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. You can bring donations at other times (like Sunday mornings) and drop them on the green counter in the Maresh Hall Kitchen.
Here are the regular needs; they change slightly each time they meet (The core group and a tiny group of church members provide ministry. After doing this for many months, it is getting expensive. It would be great to involve more church members and others in the community bringing in these needed items.)
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches Individually wrapped in ziplock bags
- Fruit cups NOT limited to applesauce
- Individual bags of chips
- Individual bags of cookies (not homemade)
- Granola bars or Nutrigrain bars
- Peanut butter crackers
- Individual hard candies like peppermints
- Checks made payable directly to CAM (Christian Assistance Ministry) or Woodland marked CAM Ministry Team.
San Antonio Food Bank
The San Antonio Food Bank is being stretched pretty thin. Here are a couple of ways you can help.
- Give to them through the YouthCUE donation page. YouthCUE has a special event coming soon to benefit the SA Food Bank.
- Volunteer at the SA Food Bank. They need many more volunteers right now. Learn more on their site.
Our area blood supply always needs more. The South Texas Blood and Tissue Center is taking appointments. Learn more and set up an appointment at their site.